About Willmar Electric
Your Design-Build Partner
Samuel B. Chapin founded Willmar Electric in 1920 based on three guiding principles: provide quality electrical installations, charge a fair and reasonable price for those services, and treat everyone with integrity and respect, including clients and employees.
Four generations later, the Chapin name remains on the door, and these principles have not changed. Now, with regional offices in three states and work that has spanned four continents, Willmar Electric is in a position to provide a level of service unmatched by other electrical contractors of its size.
For this reason, more and more companies have been turning to Willmar Electric for our turnkey design-build solutions. Willmar Electric has all the knowledge your project requires on staff, including electrical and communication engineers, designers, PLC programmers, and skilled technicians that manage all facets of design and engineering. Our experts have expertise in a variety of design fields, including institutional, commercial, and industrial.
Our foundational principles include our purpose statement of People Making a Difference for People, our core values, and our brand promise.
People Making a Difference For People
Core Values | Brand Promise
Treat Others the Way You Want to be Treated
Meet Customer Needs
On-Time, Organized and Approachable
Willmar Electric believes that quality workmanship, high productivity, and a genuine commitment to the company can best be attained in a working environment that enhances self-respect and promotes job satisfaction.
We realize how important each employee is to the entire team’s success. Because we sincerely want everyone at Willmar Electric to share that success, we follow these policies. We will endeavor to:
- Provide a safe place to work.
- Pay fair wages in line with job requirements and performance on the job.
- Promote from within whenever practical and offer opportunities to do so.
- Recognize the length of service where other qualifications are approximately equal.
- Try to help each employee become an effective and enthusiastic worker.
As we continue to grow and expand, our future success depends heavily on the individuals we hire. Our guiding principles have been incorporated into our hiring procedure. Since implementing this, we’ve observed that our coworkers have a mindset, attitude, and motivation that are consistent with the principles. Willmar Electric is a profit-driven organization with a focus on people. Without profit, our continued effort to be people-oriented would be severely curtailed. As we grow and prosper, we want you to grow and prosper with us.
- We believe everybody deserves to be treated with respect.
- We believe every employee has a right to work and achieve according to his/her ability, ambition, and energy.
- We believe in dealing fairly with employees, customers, business associates, suppliers and competition.
- We believe in providing our customer quality electrical construction without delays and providing the company with a reasonable profit.
- We believe in cooperation with employees, owners, architects, engineers and other construction trades to furnish top quality installation consistent with good management.
- We believe in free enterprise in the marketplace.
- We believe in the Merit Shop Philosophy, which states that union and non-union people should be allowed to work together to reach these stated goals.
Two of Samuel’s sons, Elmo and Frank, joined the company in 1946 and continued his commitment to superior customer service and technological innovation. In 1948, the business became a corporation under the name Willmar Electric, Inc.
John Chapin, Elmo’s son, joined the company in 1968 and was instrumental in its growth and success. John’s sons, David and Justin Chapin, now own the business and continue their father’s dedication to the company’s values and mission.
David and Justin are extremely grateful for the opportunity to carry on the family’s legacy and principles of providing customers with superior service and upholding the reputation for valuing clients and coworkers. They understand that the foundational principles have been essential to the company’s success for over a century.
Associations & Certifications
2405 Trott Ave SW
Willmar, MN 56201
Phone: (320) 235-4386
1441 Adams St
Lincoln, NE 68521
Phone: (402) 464-1877
8901 NW Cache Road
Lawton, OK 73505
Phone: (580) 536-8640