About Willmar Electric
Your Design-Build Partner
In 1920, S.B. Chapin founded Willmar Electric Service upon three principles: make quality electrical installations, offer a fair and reasonable price for those services, and treat everyone – clients and employees – with integrity and respect.
Four generations later, the Chapin name is still on the door and those same principles remain intact. But now, with regional offices in three states and work that has spanned five continents, Willmar Electric Service is poised to offer a level of service unmatched by other electrical contractors its size.
For this reason, more and more companies have been turning to Willmar Electric Service for our turnkey design-build solutions. Because we handle all aspects of design and engineering, Willmar Electric Service has all the expertise you need on staff, including electrical and communication engineers, designers, PLC programmers and skilled technicians. Our professionals have experience in industrial, commercial, institutional design and more.
Willmar Electric Service believes that quality workmanship, high productivity and a genuine commitment to the company can best be attained in a working environment, which enhances self-respect and promotes job satisfaction.
Our company’s stated purpose is to be “People Making a Difference for People.”
We realize how important each co-worker is to the total team’s success. Because we sincerely want everyone at Willmar Electric Service to share that success.
Our core values are:
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- We believe the individual members of the team are the company’s most important assets. With that in mind, we are committed to helping the advancement of all members of the team by providing education and training whenever possible.
- Provide a safe place of work were each person can become an effective and enthusiastic worker.
- Promote from within whenever practical, and offer opportunities to do so.
- Merit Shop
- Merit Shop Merit Shop Philosophy states that union and non-union people should be allowed to work together to reach these stated goals.
- Pay fair wages in line with job requirements and performance on the job, so every person has a right to work and achieve according to his/her ability, ambition, and energy.
- We believe in cooperation with co-workers, owners, architects, engineers and other construction trades to furnish top quality installation consistent with good stewardship.
- Meet customer need
- We believe in providing our customer quality electrical construction without delays and providing the company with a reasonable profit.
The late S. B. Chapin established Willmar Electric Service Corp in 1920, an innovative man dedicated to progress and quality workmanship. His policy was simple and direct – make quality electrical installations for a reasonable price and treat everyone fairly. Although the modern world has become more complicated, those basic policies have remained unchanged.
Two of Sam’s sons, Elmo and Frank, joined the firm in 1946 and continued the tradition of quality service and up-to-date technology. The firm was incorporated in 1948, becoming Willmar Electric Service Inc.
John Chapin, Elmo’s son, joined the firm in 1968 and became a prime force in the further growth and development of the company.
Since John’s grandfather founded Willmar Electric Service. in April of 1920, we have focused on giving the customer the best possible service. Dealing with customers openly is more than a way of doing business; it is a part of our corporate culture that has been present since the first day. We have experience working on all types of construction projects and can meet all of your electrical needs. When customers come to us with unique and special problems, we are proud to be able to serve them with flexible and qualified experience that we have been acquiring since 1920.
David and Justin Chapin, John’s sons, purchased the firm in 2007 and are the fourth generation of the family to manage the firm. David and Justin are very thankful for the chance to continue the family’s legacy of providing our customers with a quality product and serving our employees.
As we continue to grow and expand, our future success is strongly dependent on the people we hire. Willmar Electric Service is a people-oriented, profit-motivated company. Without profit, our continued effort to be people-oriented would be severely curtailed. As we grow and prosper, we want you to grow and prosper with us. At Willmar Electric Service our brand promise is to deliver projects on time, in an organized manner by being approachable to everbody involved in the project.